Apparently I need to start planning my outfits, piece by piece, the night before because this is the second morning this week where I had a vague concept of what I wanted to wear (today I knew I wanted to wear this jacket and these jeans) but could not figure out how to put it together. And that indecisiveness meant I left the house with a bedroom littered in failed tops and shoes that didn’t work. And all that putting on and taking off meant I was a minute shy of missing my shuttle to work.
And while sitting on that shuttle I realized that I think I might have liked this outfit better with a white cotton v-neck and my little grey converse slip ons. Maybe next week.
Now back to this week… and some of my favorites from it…
- I recently discovered the blog, Covering the Bases and am LOVING her outfit from this post. I am really digging how she’s paired neutral and white, and after Labor Day no less! I think white jeans might actually be a thing this fall/winter (or maybe they’ve been a thing for a while and I’m a day late and a dollar short). I’m also pretty excited with how “in” oversized sweaters seem to be in right now. I love oversized anything, especially when its considered fashionable (c’mon sweat pants… I believe in you!). I’d love to say I want to try and replicate the look from this blog but in the past I haven’t had great luck finding white skinny jeans that fit me well… so for now I’m just gonna admire the look from afar.
- Speaking of jeans, and apparently of Fran again (clearly I’m obsessed), she mentioned LOFT was having a big sale and specifically mentioned these denim leggings which I have been noticing on Kendie the past few weeks. In any event I have a $20 points-gift-card to LOFT and right now these jeans are 40% off, so with the gift card and sale price these would cost $20. Soooo while I haven’t purchased them yet, I’m planning too once I get home. And so I’m gonna go ahead and say these jeans are my favorite potential-purchase this week.
- My very favorite fashion blog, Nine-Thirty-to-Five has been on a bit of a sabbatical lately… but this week they posted TWO posts. Which meant I got to see two darling outfits from my dearest Paloma, so needless to say I was very excited about that.
- After a lot of soul-searching I finally decided on a Halloween costume for Xan Man. As I mentioned last week, we’ve been rewatching the best show ever made (Friday Night Lights) annnnnnd Xan is gonna be… COACH TAYLOR!!!!! It’s going to be perfect! He will be the East Dillon version of Coach T and I’m really hoping James will dress up as the Dillon Panther version of Coach T. I would love to try and pull of Tami Taylor, but I don’t know if I can do it without those long strawberry blond locks.
- My latest favorite Instagram discovery is @fashiondads. It is hilarious and every time I read through it I can not contain my laughter, which makes me look mildly crazy when I’m in public. If you read fashion blogs or follow any fashion bloggers on IG, you will get a kick out of this account. Here’s a quick sampling… and you’re welcome 😉
Happy Friday everyone! Hope you have a fantastic weekend.
Wanna know what I’m wearing?
Jeans: Old Navy Mid-Rise Rockstar Distressed Jeans (similar)
Top: J. Crew Polished Scoop-Neck Blouse (exact)
Jacket: BB Dakota Vegan Leather Jacket, bought on PoshMark (exact from Urban Outfitters)
Shoes: Swedish Hasbeen Flora Wedge (exact)